Saturday, July 10, 2010

Here I go....


Me and my Zachy man



Do you ever feel like you aren't who you are suppose to be?  I am really feeling that way.  I do love my husband and kiddos but this is not the way I thought my life would be.  When I was graduating high school I dreamed of being a nurse, having my career and getting married much later in life.  But here I am almost 41, still trying to get that nursing degree and begin my journey in my chosen path, mom to 3 kiddos when I never thought I would have any kids and a stay at home mom to top it all off.  I am ready to rediscover myself and find my inner happiness again.

So today I decided I want to lose all this blubber and started the Couch to 5K running plan.  It was tough, especially with a 4 yr old that did NOT want to run tagging along, but I made it through and not feeling like I would die!  I am DETERMINED to stick with it and start feeling better about myself and maybe get some energy too! 

I am transferring schools and hoping to get into a nursing program next year to finally get started on my dream.  I had started at NAU to get into their nursing program that was "suppose" to start this summer but now it is all up in the air.  Time is passing me by so I am jumping ship and going somewhere that has a program and is quite a bit cheaper as well! 

I guess as I approach the age my Mom passed away at (46) it has made me realize I am the only one that can make ME happy and I need to start doing it!  We are also still plugging away at our debt with the Dave Ramsey plan (even though we blew it with a new truck a couple months ago) which is taking much stress off of us seeing our debt get smaller and smaller and trasferring to the new school will help my student loan be MUCH smaller.  My hubby also put on his next rank, Senior Master Sergeant, and is very happy and we are VERY proud of him.  His Mom came to see him "tack" on his rank and it meant the world to him that she was here. 



Emily and Madison "tacking on" Larry's stripes


All in all we are taking things one day at a time and letting God lead us.  That is the best way to go....

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Just remember that everything happens for a reason.. It's totally understood that you still want that Nursing degree, but obviously, it's such a blessing to have a loving husband and cute kiddos.. Great pictures by the way.. :)

Objecktif Foto

SurferWife said...

Look at how TALL Emily is!! Congrats on your new outlook on life! The more you run the easier it gets!