Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What to do....

I am so frustrated and need some input.  At Emily's school, the asst principal was arrested for drunk driving this past Sunday, over 2 x's the legal limit.  I am tired of this school to begin with and this just put the nail in the coffin for me.  I wish I had the patience to homeschool her but I don't so I am looking to transfer her to another middle school.  If I do that I have to take her to and from school daily.  Not a big deal especially if Maddie gets into the preschool down the road from the school. 

Am I overreacting?  There have so many problems with this school, with administrtors and teachers, that I am just tired of it.  Kids are jumped every day, bathrooms locked so kids can't use them and on and on.  I guess I just need to hear from others that I am not just an overprotectve Mom!  I have been praying about it just nothing really making sense yet.  Thanks guys for listening!  Now off to finish laundry.....

3 comments:

Laura D said...

Marina goes to Mountain View. She is in 8th grade, and has gone there since 6th. Overall, I am pleased with the school. There are fights, not daily or anything like that, but they do occassionally happen. The teachers there for the most part are all good. We have only had one teacher that really didn't work for us. The principal stays on top of things, so that really helps. Feel free to call me if you want more info.

Colleen said...

Oh Wendy, I'm so sorry that you're dealing with all of this =( We're such a small district that a different middle school would mean a different town, LOL! I hope you're able to come to a solution--this situation seems far too volatile for ANY kid, much less one that belongs to a friend! Many (((HUGS)))

Nicole said...

I wouldn't make your decision based on the AP's arrest. At times, I've taught in schools with crappy administrators, but great teachers. I would base your decision on how she's doing. Does she seem to be thriving despite her lousy peers? Are her teachers good? Does she like it? I think those are more important factors. Good luck with your decision!!