Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow 2010 is here and I am ready to hit it head on!  I hope everyone brought in the New Year in their own special way.

Today I hit Target and WalMart with Maddie and got new plastic ornaments for the tree next year, stockings and way too much candy and other sweets!  Target had some great markdowns on toys and shoes for the little ones.  Maddie got a new pair of Dora tennis shoes and new gloves for next winter.  I found a cool toy for Zach for his 1st birthday in April but decided to wait to see if they mark it down more. 

On the way home Maddie decided she didn't feel well, and well it went downhill from there.  Poor baby has been fighting something for about a week now, no fever just really tired and feeling like she has to "spit".  My little Zachy man is still crabby with his teeth so he was a "joy" today too!   The only one to have a good day was Emily who is beyond excited that she turns 13 tomorrow and will officially be a teenager.  I made her a cake tonight and got totally frustrated that I couldn't make a rose to save my life!  She seems happy with her heart cake and makeshift flowers I threw on there.  As she told me "Anything you make for me Mom is beautiful"....I guess we raised her right. 

Tomorrow is another day and I will take some pics of my kidos to make up for today....no one likes having pics taken when they don't feel well (that is what Maddie told me).  Nothing like breaking your resolution on the 1st day...LOL! 

6 comments:

Amity said...

Hi Wendy;

glad to meet you...and thanks for following me...:)

hope this is a good start of a blogging-buddy friendship...:)

Happy New year...:)

SurferWife said...

O.M.G. I can't believe Emily is 13 tomorrow. CRAZY!! Happy Birthday to the teen!

And I hope Maddie is feeling better soon.

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

I need to get to the sales! I LOVE TARGET!!!! I feel your pain - the funk is going around this house and has been since a few days before Christmas :(


Thanks for the follow! I'm following you now and can't wait to read more!

Veronica Lee said...

Thanks for the follow. I'm now following your lovely blog.

* Mandy * said...

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the follow! I'm following you now :)

Take care!

Mandy
www.thejourney-theadventure.blogspot.com

Angelia said...

Emily sounds like a great teenager already! I have one of those and believe me they are nice.
Poor Maddie, hope she feels better.

Stopping by from MBC group. Happy New Year!