Thursday, July 28, 2011

Registration Day!

   

     Ah glorious thursday!  Today we get Emily all registered for her last year of middle school....wow how it is flown by!  I have a feeling I will have to argue my way through this process since the school says we owe money for her ugly, blue, too small, too short choir dress.  I have emailed the teacher and gone in and spoke to the vice principal throughout the summer but have gotten nowhere.  I was told if I don't pay it she can't register.  We'll see about that today.  I am pmsing so they may not want to start with me today.  I will try my hardest to not embarrass my children since I have to take all three of them with me today but I make no promises...well I promise not to use any bad language, ok?  I promise to only use my bad language while working on Emily's IEP for her bipolar diagnosis....I am sure they will think she got that from me! 

    Madison starts kindergarten this year which will make me a one kid Mom during the day.  How will Zach handle that I am not sure.  He will have Maddie withdrawls I am sure but since I will be in Georgia on my vacation from my life, hubby will have to deal with it!  Hee hee....I timed that well.  I will be here for Maddie's first day but the next day I will be on a plane to visit my sisters and brother.  I can't wait...for both Maddie to start school and vacation!  Zach will be fine I am sure and maybe will learn to do things himself instead of using Maddie to do his dirty work! 

     Wow that made me sound bad!  This trip is also a graduation gift to myself since I will finally have my AA degree done!  Woo Hoo!!!  I can finally check that box that says college graduate!  Next I will start working towards my BA in education so I can teach kindergarten to all those eager little minds!  I do love kids, especially those that don't live in my home!  LOL!!!  I am hoping I will be ready to work when Zach can go to preschool....fingers crossed.  This next term I am taking chemistry (my 2nd attempt, first one I dropped) and spanish.  I figured I can use spanish since you hear it so much around here.  I am hoping I remember all that I knew back in my high school days...we'll see! 

     On a serious note I have really looked at our finances and decided that we need to get rid of cable among other things.  There I said it....we NEED to cut back on spending.  I will soooooooo miss it but if we can get all these shows using a roku or the wii WHY am I spending almost $80 a month for direct tv?  It is a big step for us since we love our TV but I am hoping it will also make us all be more active and do things together as a family.  We will get an antenna so we can get local TV....I remember saying how ghetto houses looked with those big ole' antennas.  I am sure to eat those words!  I hope it will help us save our money for a trip to Disney World sometime next year.  THAT excites me! 

     On that note of saving money, I need to go through my coupons and find some great deals on clothes and food to feed these growing children.  Still trying to decided to make lunches or have them eat at school.  My lazy self says "have them eat that crap at school" but the Mommy in me says "make them something semi-healthy to eat".  We'll see who wins this after a week or so or getting up at 5:30 with Emily so she can beautified every morning!  Ah the thrills of back to school! 

No comments: