Thursday, January 7, 2010

Already thursday.....

Where do the days ago?  Yesterday was a bust...my tummy was bothering me so I planted myself on the couch (when I wasn't in the bathroom) and supervised my kids.  Thank goodness they played well together and Zach loves just laying on Mommy!  He is still fighting a cold which is slowly getting better but this weather is just wreaking havoc on us getting over this stuff.  Now all this cold....brrr!  Why is it that it is in the 100's in the summer and this cold in the winter...I just don't get it!  I though the desert was suppose to be warm?!?!  I should just be quiet and enjoy the cool weather cause when summer comes I will be complaining that I am melting away!  Can we just have weather where we keep our windows open and have the most beautiful days all the time?  Ok a girl can dream! 

Last night I cooked up some barbque shake and bake and it was good!  My kiddos ate it up and normally Maddie is picky but she loved it!  She is also into broccolli all of the sudden and wants it all the time!  Unfortunately it makes everyone gassy which is not a good thing in this house (they inherited the stinkies from their Dad).  Now what to cook today.....I am sort of following a pantry challenge to use everything in there before I go to the store.  I guess I better go digging around and figure out something mouthwatering and yummy for my hungry kiddos!  Hubby is never around for dinner so he gets whatever is leftover....that's what happens when you get home after 9 at night. 

Today if it isn't too cold we need to hit WalMart for more school supplies for Emily (did she eat her pencils and paper?), more gas meds for Zach and try to hit the library to get some reading in before my classes start again in March.  I took this semester off due to my surgery coming up.  Finals and midterms around surgery and recovery didn't look so appealing!  I am so looking forward to my hernia surgery.  The pain is not as bad as it was (or I have just gotten used to it) but the bulge is gross and the sagging belly has got to go!  Maybe sweet talk doc into a tummy tuck?  Hmmm....heck I am just excited to be in the hospital away from everyone and hopefully heavily drugged!  The hospital here will not let kids under 15 visit.  I will miss them terribly but need the time to recooperate so I don't have to do this again! 

My daily devotions are going well even though Maddie tells me the story is too long (lol!) but she does listen to most of them if I make it interesting for her! We were suppose to go to church last night but decided not to share my tummy bug with anyone but family! Thanks to my friend June I have the Dave Rmsey online class for free and will start that next week once I have my mind ready for that and have his book for reference. I have a feeling I am not going to like budgetting! 


Here are my pics form yesterday...see I did follow my resolution just didn't post...lol! Hope you all have a very blessed day!


Maddie being a little diva...



Zach trying to stand up...



Emily....looking like her life is awful....maybe don't kick cabinet doors in and you won't be in trouble...just a thought.....


No comments: