Monday, January 4, 2010

Life back to semi normal....

Why is it that when the holidays come we say to ourselves "I am going to enjoy everyone being home with me"?   We all know that is crazy talk when everyone is in the house, fighting with each other, calling out ugly names and just causing mass chaos! 

I was relieved to see Larry go to work this morning (I love ya honey but you need to go) and Emily had a sleepover with a friend so only 2 kiddos till at least 3 today.  Tomorrow is the big day....Emily back to school and getting her report card.  We are hoping for all A's and B's but alas I think a C will creep in there.  Maddie will go back to KidsZone the 11th and can't wait to get back to "learning" and hanging out with her friends.  She also wants to sign up for ballet and tap so will put that to the top of the list for things to do tomorrow.  Zach is fighting yet another cold..poor guy.  I wish I had a wand to wave over him to take his cold away but hoping this cool mist humidifier will do the trick instead. 

Today was the first day of my daily devotions.  I have to say that I felt so much better afterwards.  It is amazing how God can just take over your stresses and make the important things shine through.  I look forward to what God has planned for me and my family in 2010. 

On an exciting (well exciting for me) note, my friend June sent me a link to get the Dave Ramsey online courses for free!  I can not wait to get started and start 2010 off right finance wise.  Anyone that has an experience with Dave Ramsey, please share them with me as I would love to hear all the stories! 

Enough for now....I will post my kiddos pics later so I can get a pic of my teen too! 

2 comments:

SurferWife said...

I hear you on the semi back to normal. Jason did indeed have school today but he's sick and tacked another day on to his vacation. Nice timing.

Hope Zach feels better! Poor guy!

Joy@TPMG said...

I hope your little one feels better. Everyone in our house was sick over Christmas break. Hopefully 2010 has good things in store for us all! Thanks for stopping by today.