Thursday, January 21, 2010

A new day!!!

I am so excited today!  One is that Zach slept through the night last night!  OK I probably just jinxed myself but I just had to shout it out!  It only took him 15 minutes of crying/wimpering last night to go to sleep AND he is taking better naps during the day.  He is also about to embark on crawling any day now so I think he is wearing himself out trying to get somewhere and trying to pull up on everything!  I can't tell you how much better I am feeling!  I just hope this isn't a fluke and he goes back to not sleeping.  Maybe he is a quick learner!  Fingers and toes crossed! 



Second is that I am starting the Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University online, well actually I have been doing it for a couple weeks now.  I sent an email asking if I could blog about his program while I was following it and they said yes!  I received the 2 books yesterday and voucher for the online class!  So you will be hearing alot about his program and how we are doing.  As a matter of fact, I have already done baby step 1 ($1000 in savings) and working on baby step 2 which is paying off debt.  I paid off 3 credit cards today and have only 2 more to pay on and will pay those off when tax refund gets here.   It feels so good to almost have them all paid off and we will not use them anymore!  I don't like debt and was not happy that we were back in debt after paying off all of it before we left Belgium.  Now hubby wants to look into a new truck...maybe just a used one! 

Today has been such a peaceful day...watching a little bit of snow fall, talking to my sister and playing with the kids.  If only everyday could be like this! 

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Wow, congrats on whittling away at that debt!!! That's one area I'm making very slow progress =( You GO girl!!